Old Maiden Aunt 100% Superwash Merino 4ply
Old Maiden Aunt 100% Superwash Merino 4ply is an incredible hand-dyed yarn – perfect for accessories and garments. The yarn is smooth and the colours are intense and incredibly beautiful. Lilith has selected this collection of 17 colours as they work brilliantly together in a multitude of combinations.
One skein each of two different shades of 100% Superwash Merino 4ply are required for the Burnished Mittens by Lily Kate France in Confident Knitting.
Select your shade using the dropdown menu. You may find these colourway descriptions helpful:
- Army & Navy - inspired by a traditional British sweet, this colourway is a dark, semi-solid grey/black
- Bitter Bug - a vivid, poisonous green overlaid with a deep blue-black
- Crazy Ivan - layers of teal, turquoise, blue, green and orange, inspired by the cult TV series Firefly
- Dreich - dreich is the Scots word for a grey and dreary day, and this colourway is in the palest greys and blues
- Ghillie Dhu - layers of moss-green and yellow-brown
- Jaded - a rich, semi-solid jade blue-green
- Lon-Dubh - "blackbird" in Gaelic, this colourway beholds the deep blue-black of a blackbird's feathers
- Lip Gloss - a bright, vivid pink overlaid with deeper reds
- Midnight - deep purples and blues touched with black & grey
- Mudder's Milk - also inspired by Firefly, this is pale browns & greys touched with blue and yellow
- One Breath At A Time - a stunning medley of bright rainbow orange, blue, turquoise, and magenta, overlaid with a deep wash of black and grey
- Peachy Keen - bold layers of peachy orange, coral, and yellow, inspired by the character of Rizzo from the 1978 movie "Grease"
- Seen the Ocean - layers of ocean-blue and turquoise
- The White Hare - pale ash-greys touched with heathery purple and brown
- Ultraviolet - deep, vivid purple/magenta/violet
Content: 100% superwash merino
Recommended needle size: 2–3mm [US 0–2.5]
Tension (gauge): 28 sts to 10cm [4in]
Number of metres per skein: 366m [400yds] per 100g skein
Washing instructions: It can be washed on a gentle wool cycle in your washing machine, although hand-washing is recommended for longer life